Bringing sustainability into your life can be daunting. Change is hard. And there are so many things you are supposed to do!
Don’t use plastic. Recycle. Compost. Buy sustainable foods. Buy local. Use green cleaning products. Ahhhhh!
Where do you start? Our advice, change one thing at a time, give yourself time to get used to it before you change something else.
Here are a few ideas to start with in your kitchen.
- Silicone storage bags to replace plastic storage bags
- Beeswax wrap instead of plastic wrap
- Silicone lids instead of plastic wrap
- Bamboo paper towels or cloth rags instead of paper towels
- Compost to reduce trash
- Reuse glass jars for storage
- Mesh produce bags (great for shopping and storing your fruits and veggies)
- Bamboo straws
Our founder recently got the beeswax wraps and loves them! Worried if you put it directly on food it will taste wax-y? Ewww! Don’t be! She used it on half an avocado and it was perfect the next day, not even brown on the cut side.
The unknown is hard. What if you hate the new sustainable product or it doesn’t work. We get it. Sucks to buy something and then have it suck. Research is the name of the game. Read reviews and ask friends if they’ve used it.
Ask us too! We’re happy to share about products we love. We hope you will too.